Sunday, December 20, 2009

The kindness of not so strangers...

I don't know about you, but I get a little more embarrased when someone I know does something nice for me, than if it was a stranger. I think to myself, "would I do that for someone else?" I also think, "why do I deserve this?"

I guess it doesn't matter whether I deserve it or not, it was offered out of generosity. Last Tuesday I was at Tony's house for homegroup, a man I've only ever said hello to before that night. I non-chalantly mentioned that I'd started a new business, and next thing I know I'm on the phone to one of his friends talking about his website. At the end of the night he took a whole bunch of business cards for me. What a blessing.

Today Loraine offered to make me a home cooked meal. I didnt know what to say. The Moultons envited me to Christmas lunch, and so did the Joiners.

As I look back over 2009, I can see a lot of times when those people around me where there for me when I needed a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen. The kindness of strangers is all well and good, but its those that are closer to you that are the real blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment