Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's just dinner

Last Sunday I visited a new church, it felt so strange. I'd never been to another church by myself before. It was good to worship God in a completely different environment.

After church I chatted to a few people and met a really lovely family. By the end of the afternoon they had taken my details, and by the end of the day, they had contacted me and invited me over for dinner.

It completely blew me away. I got so emotional. This family had opened up their home to me after only meeting me for 10 minutes. It showed me just how blessed we are in the Kingdom of God.

I remember a fair few years ago while I was blogging, I wrote something like "I feel homesick for a place I've never been." I've finally found it. When we truly embrace God's love, an amazing thing happens, we get adopted into an eternal family.

We get adopted into an eternal family.

For some, it's not such a huge deal, they already have the nuclear family with the pet and 2.5 children. But for others, this is the biggest gift anyone could possibly offer. It's an opportunity to feel wanted, included, loved, and valued. A sense of worth and belonging.

Just dinner? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment